The week held much excitement and milestones along with the steady harvest:
- Patty and her grown piglets have spent the week escaping their corral... at times joining the cows and goats and other times ranging around the property. I think its turning into a bit of a game now for them. Funny in the abstract but tiring and time consuming in reality.
- We welcomed another new soul to the farm.... Oakley, a sorrel quarterhorse came to stay mid-week and is settling in well. Oakley was a rescue horse that has finally found her forever home.
- Our youngest celebrated her fifteen birthday.
- We got off the farm to witness the marriage of Farmer Phil's nephew and his lovely partner. Congratulations to Kyle and Sam along with their children Sawyer and Lochlin.
- My second batch of kombucha was a success and my third is on the go. I learned much with my first batch!
- We canned over 30 pints of salsa and pasta sauce!
- Our middle child got his driver's license! (look out world!)
- We messed up the date for our chicken processing with the abbatoir and had to do a dash with about 2/3 of the birds in the back of the truck!
- Oh and we harvested day and night.....I actually caught myself thinking wistfully of winter...
Looking forward to the coming week, as all my duckies (children) are home, I have the week off my off-farm job and Farmer Phil doesn't go back to work until the following week! Hope your week is filled with laughter and love.
|Only on her birthday can she wear her boots in the house|
|Patty always has the last word...|